Saturday, December 10, 2011

My real wealth

Money is neither my god nor my devil. It is a form of energy that tends to make us more of
who we already are, whether it’s greedy or loving...Dan Millman

For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future...Jeremiah 29:11

 My Real Wealth

Ordinary riches can be stolen; real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things
that cannot be taken from you...Oscar Wilde

Friends, my mentor Bro. Bo Sanchez has really a huge impact of my life that is why I got my definition of my real wealth from him. If you have noticed most of my words are taken from his book. Anyway, these are my real wealth…
My wealth is my relationship with God.
My wealth is my relationship with my wife.
My wealth is my relationship with my children.
My wealth is my relationship with my siblings and my mother.
My wealth is my relationship with my relatives.
My wealth is my relationship with my friends.
And my wealth is my relationship with the poor that I long to help.

They are my reason why I need to be rich. But I can't deny that money helps me in building my relationships. To be able to enhance, build up or develop my relationships I need money. Like for example,
I need money to support God’s work.
I need money for a simple thing like having a romantic date with my beautiful wife every week.
I need money for a quality time or bonding time with my kids each week.
I need money for a quality time for my mother, my siblings, relatives and friends.
And I need money to give to the poor for their needs.

Wealth mindset

A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
Tommy John

My biggest realization in this topic is when Bro. Bo Sanchez said that a wealth mindset is more important than financial literacy. He then explains further that even if he will teach us how to invest but if we have a poverty mindset, nothing will work. We can know everything we need to know about investments, entrepreneurship and real estate. But if we have a poverty mindset, all that we know won’t make us wealthy.
In my simple understanding with this is that even if I have all the knowledge and information on how to invest especially in real estate but then I am still afraid to start then nothing will happen to me. From that I now understand that knowledge is just a potential of power. Now, my challenge is how can I overcome my fear and how to deal with my limited belief? I know somewhere in these book I can find the answer to these question.

Financial wealth that I want

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you are right.
Henry Ford

“You have to make a choice. This is a choice that God leaves up to you.”
These are the first phrases that Bro. Bo Sanchez said in this topic. He even compare God’s universe to a large restaurant that unless we order, we won’t get served. We can’t complain to the waiter, why hasn’t my food come, if we haven’t given our order. So what’s our order?

Option 1: Just enough.
Enough to pay the bills.
Enough to eat three meals a day.
Enough to send kids to school.

Option 2: More than enough
In this option, we are able to pay all our bills and still save for the future.
We are able to take our vacations with the family.
We are able to help others in need.
We are able to be more generous to God’s work.

Option 3: Exceedingly more than enough
This option is relative though, like a million pesos a month or more.

My realization to these three options mention by my mentor Bro. Bo Sanchez is that God’s universe will respect our choices either of this three. And my dear friends allow me to keep it to myself what I choose. You make your choice too. The truth is we are capable of earning any amount we truly want to earn. The bible says, “The Lord will make us prosperous and our land will produce rich harvest,” Psalms 85:12.

Most of us wish to be wealthy, right? A lot of people have this attitude towards becoming rich it’s even a song from our folks, “if it’s for me, it will come.” Que sera, sera whatever will be, will be… Bro. Bo Sanchez also realizes that unless we decide to become wealthy, nothing will happen. We have to be totally committed to be wealthy. This are the words that my mentor really makes me pause for a while and think over it.

Living the dream,
Bernard Cadelina
Pinoy Real Estate Investor Wannabe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...