Monday, December 12, 2011

Decisions vs. Belief

Success is a state of mind.
If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.
Dr. Joyce Brothers

“I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain,
‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart
but believes that what he says will happen,
it will be done for him.”
Mark 11:23

Decisions vs. Belief

Obstacles are those frightful things you see
when you take your eyes off your goal.
Henry Ford

Friends, how I wish I can just copy and paste the exact words and explanation made by Bro. Bo Sanchez in this wonderful topic as he explain in his book “choose to be wealth”. But allow me to share to you my humble understanding of this which made me realize the huge difference between decisions and belief and the influence it does to our goal in attaining our dreams. The way I understand it is that decisions are those thoughts that we decide to do consciously. While belief is those thoughts we don’t need to decide because it’s already there in our subconscious mind that we already believe it’s true through experience or senses. Let me re-told the example given by Bro. Bo Sanchez to explain further.

How many of you heard this line “I am going to exercise starting today” or “I am going to quit smoking starting today” and nothing really happen after that. We often heard this in New Years day, right? Do you want to know why nothing really happen after that decisions we had made? Do you really want to know why nothing happens to the decisions we made in our lives? Are you ready for this? The reason for this is that our habits are a thousand times more powerful than our desires or decisions. Let me repeat that in case we don’t get that, our habits are a thousand times more powerful than our desires or our decisions.

You know what, my dear friends after I realize that I was shocked, really. I ask myself, what are habits then? Why are habits so powerful? As I continue to read this book I learn that there are two kinds of habits. One is habits of action and the other is habits of thoughts. Habits of actions are those actions that we do regularly without thinking, like brushing our teeth everyday, taking a bath everyday and praying everyday. While habits of thoughts are no difference with the habits of action, it’s a thought we think constantly, first we think it consciously then it becomes unconsciously and not only that it is a thought that we already believe it is true. These thoughts then become our belief. These thoughts becomes our belief because we actually experience it, we witness it exist by our senses.

So, going back to our discovery that habits are a thousand times more powerful than our decisions or desires, we can then conclude that habits of actions and habits of thoughts which are beliefs are a thousand times more powerful than our decisions and desires. But take note my dear friends that before we act or do such a thing we think of it first, right? So, we can say that beliefs are a thousand times more powerful than our decisions and desires, right?

There you go my dear friends; we now know the huge difference between decisions and belief. I hope this will guide us in reaching our dreams. I am always thankful to God that I have found my mentor who can help me understand the secrets of the successful people. I am thankful I am a member of truly rich club by Bro. Bo Sanchez. Godbless us all.

May our dreams come true,
Bernard Cadelina
Pinoy Real Estate Investor Wannabe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...