Thursday, December 8, 2011

Introduction: Choose to be Wealthy

I am Sick and Tired of Being Poor!

I don’t have to be poor.
I don’t have to panic every time there are bills to pay.
I don’t have to be buried under a mountain of debt.
I don’t have to worry where to get money for emergencies.
I don’t have to struggle with money anymore.
I can have financial freedom.
I can be wealthy.

These are the first phrases that really got my attention when I start to read this “Choose to be Wealthy” Book by Bo Sanchez. I change the first word though from you to I, because I want to address this to myself. To be completely honest I already am tired and sick of being poor. I am already sick and tired of leaving my family, my beautiful wife (aheem!) and my beautiful daughter (aheem again!) behind to work here in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia just to have a handsome amount of monthly salary. Yes! I am an (OFW) Overseas Filipino Worker. Some folks define this OFW as over financially worried. In some aspect of it is true, right?

Speaking of OFW, allow me to give my own definition of it. OFW for me means Over Financially Wise. How that sounds huh? Actually I was laughing when I think of this, because it sounds crazy, right? I got that idea when I start to learn and study Financial Literacy. You might ask me how I start. That is a good question and it’s a long story to tell. Anyway, I got that idea after I read Rich Dad Poor Dad book by Robert Kiyosaki sometime in May 2010. I learned that to be financially free one must first learn financial literacy and that is the foundation of these blog.

I decide to start these blog with this book Choose to be Wealthy” Book by Bo Sanchez, although this blog is all about starting to learn and studying real estate investing in the Philippines. 
The first reason is, I need to define first my own definition of my real wealth.
The second reason is, I need to find my big emotional Why I need to be wealthy.
The third reason is, I need to create my new wealth belief or faith.
The fourth reason is, I need to know how to be consistently aggressive.
The fifth reason is, how I can create my own money machines
The sixth reason is, I need to control my cash.
The seventh reason is, how I can stick to my game.
The last but not the least reason is, I need to know how I can share my wealth.

Why Not Be Rich and Happy at the Same Time?
Remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the power to produce wealth…
Deuteronomy 8:18

Friends, Allow me to copy the exact words used by Bro. Bo Sanchez in his introduction to these book.
I just love it to share to you the exact wordings used by my mentor because his words I believe are powerful. Here it goes…

“I’d rather be poor and happy!”
I was having coffee with my friend Dean when he blurted out these words.
“What made you say that?” I asked. Dean explained, “My uncle is so rich. He’s a mega millionaire. He’s got four wives, too. But all his kids are fighting over his properties. Their family reunions happen at the courthouse. No one is talking to each other.” “So sad,” I said. Dean nodded. “In his old age, my uncle is very sick. And very bitter. He’s paralyzed from the waist down. He’s so rich, he can ride his private jet to any part of the world. But he can’t even leave his wheelchair. Man, I don’t want to be like him. I’d rather be poor and happy than rich and miserable!”

 “I totally agree with you,” I told Dean, “I wouldn’t want to be like your uncle.” I paused a bit and asked him, “But tell me, is it also possible to be rich and happy at the same time?” He shrugged, “I don’t know. I guess so.” I then told him my story. “I’m an incredibly happy person. I’ve been serving God for 30 years now. I’ve got a great marriage. I’ve got a fantastic relationship with my kids. And, well, I’m a millionaire, too.” For a moment, he looked at me. He finally asked, “Can anyone become like you? Or are you a freak of nature?” “Anyone can be a happy millionaire. But first, you have to choose to be one.”

Choose Happy Wealth Now
Friend, I have long believed that happiness is a choice. You decide if you want be happy or not. Your happiness doesn’t depend on your circumstances. Because happiness is an inner decision. But very soon, that inner decision will affect your outer circumstances. But hear me out: I believe wealth is also a choice. It’s a decision that you have to make. And it’s a decision that God leaves up to us. If you choose to be a Happy Millionaire, then the answer lies in acquiring a set of specific habits. To be exact, eight of them.

Choose to Be Wealthy
Hey, I’ve learned them from others, too. I’m merely passing the information to you. But before I did, I road-tested them first. I couldn’t hare the 8 Habits with you without field-testing them in my personal life. What happened? You’ll have to read this book. (Blackmail.) Friend, acquire these 8 Habits and change your financial life forever.


Wow! What else can I say? His introduction speaks for itself. How do you feel my dear countrymen? Let me write it here again the words that really shocked me for the first time I read this book.

 I have long believed that happiness is a choice. You decide if you want be happy or not. Your happiness doesn’t depend on your circumstances. Because happiness is an inner decision, but very soon, that inner decision will affect your outer circumstances. I believe wealth is also a choice. It’s a decision that you have to make. And it’s a decision that God leaves up to us.

Let us pause for a while and reflect on these words.
So long fellows, I hope this blog will not remain just another blog out there. Let us all keep dreaming and believe in our dreams because with God all things are possible. Godbless us all.

Living the dream,
Bernard Cadelina
Pinoy Real Estate Investor Wannabe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...