Sunday, December 11, 2011

My emotional why

If you have a big enough reason to get something done, there’s almost no way you can fail.
Yanik Silver

The Lord takes pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Psalm 35:27

My emotional why

God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them.
Author Unknown

Bro. Bo Sanchez asks this question…
Why do people fail to reach their dreams?
And then he answered, because they have not yet discovered their emotional why. He further explains what he means by telling this story…

One day I was talking to Ricky, a smoker. He said, “I’ve tried to quit smoking, but it doesn’t work. I’ve tried so many times and I’ve failed again and again. I don’t think I can quit smoking”. So I told him, “Do you have a kid?” Yes I do. I have a three-year-old girl,” I told him, “imagine this in your mind. What if someone pointed a gun on the forehead of your daughter and tells you, unless you quit smoking, I’m going to blow her brains out. Ricky, will you quit smoking? He swallowed hard. “Yes. Absolutely.”

The lesson of this story is very clear, right? If we can recognize and learn how to use that very powerful emotion and convert it as a fuel to reach our dreams, but the question is how, right? After telling this story Bro. Bo Sanchez explains the fact of life which shocked me for the first time I realize this, that we make choices or decisions based on our emotional reasons, not logical reasons. (Yes, after we made a choice or decision we then justify with logical reasons. But the initial reason is always emotional). If we want to become wealthy, we need to discover our emotional why and this emotional why is also called hunger or desire.
After, learning this topic given by my mentor I look and found my emotional why or my hunger or my desire. (Of course these are patterned from my mentor’s emotional why.) These are the reasons why I wanted to be wealthy…
I need money to support God’s work.
I need money to provide the needs of my family.
I need money to buy healthy foods to eat for my family.
I need money to send my children to good schools.
I need money for my family vacation each year.
I need money for a romantic date with my beautiful wife every week.
I need money for a quality time or bonding time with my kids each week.
I need money for a quality time for my mother, my siblings, relatives and friends.
I need enough money for emergency.
I need money to give to the poor for their needs.
And the last which is really what I feel right now is that I am already sick and tired leaving my family behind and work here in Saudi Arabia as an OFW. I want to end this suffering. I want to end this slavery (yes! that’s how I feel, Slavery). I don’t want to grow old here in Saudi Arabia. I want to be with my family. I want to spend my every minute of my life with my wife, and children. I want to be a hands-on father to my children not just a financial father. I want to guide my children every step of their way. I want to mold the faith and belief of my children towards God, and everything, including money. I want to prove to myself that I can be the person I want to be. I want to prove to myself that I can earn in the Philippines more than what I earn here in Saudi Arabia. I want to prove to all the people who say that life in the Philippines is hard; I want to prove them wrong. And above all I want to prove to everyone that With God all things are possible…So help me God.

Friends, I hope in some way I was able to deliver the message properly. But if you need more explanation you may read his book or you can join the truly rich club of Bro. Bo Sanchez. Just click that banner on the top right side of this blog or you can click this link.

Let me finished this topic by this quote from Oprah Winfrey: Turn your emotional wounds into wisdom.

Living the dream,
Bernard Cadelina
Pinoy Real Estate Investor Wannabe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...